When do I need a registered electrician?
Since January 1 2005, all electrical work, apart from like-for-like replacements of damaged power points and light fittings is subject to approval by Local Authority Building Control Officers.
This means that work such as a new lighting circuit in the kitchen, or the fitting of an electric shower, must be notified in advance to the council. An Inspector will visit to test the work at the householder’s cost. 
Electrical works forming part of a major project requiring Building Regulations approval will be included within the principal application. However, works solely carried out to the electrical system require a separate application, unless they are carried out by a competent person, registered with an approved Part P self-certification scheme. The competent person must provide a self-certification certificate to the customer and also forward a copy to Building Control within 30 days.

Many older properties have been untouched for years and others may have had modifications carried out under past versions of the Wiring Regulations. In this age of increasing technology use within the home, it would be wise to ensure that your wiring system is fit for purpose and above all SAFE.
The Building Regulations (Part P) which came in to force on 1st January 2005 require all but very minor domestic electrical work to be undertaken by a Part P Approved Domestic Installer, or inspected by the Local Authority after completion. 
We will provide an NICEIC certificate to show that the work has been undertaken, tested and inspected in accordance with BS 7671. We will then notify your local Planning Authority who will issue you with the relevant Part P certificate.

Extra sockets & lights
You may be refurbishing a room, building an extension, or perhaps need additional sockets & lights. Under Part P Building Regulations, it is a requirement that a registered Electrical Contractor undertakes this type of work.

Replacement of consumer unit (fuse board)
You may be unaware that BS 7671 (17th Edition IEE electrical Regulations) recommends that domestic installations are inspected every 10 years. This is to ensure that your system is both fit for use and most importantly SAFE.
If your consumer unit is not up to modern standards like the one in this picture, please contact us.

Landlord's certificate & houses of multi occupation (HMO's)
f you are a landlord, you are responsible by law for ensuring that the electrical wiring and appliances are maintained in a safe condition for the duration of the tenancy. You may also wish to install a fire alarm as an added precaution in the event of fire.
Houses of Multi Occupation (HMO’s) are properties shared by 3 or more people who are not members of the same family. Licences are required for these types of these properties, but all HMOs are subject to Management Regulations and Inspections under the Housing Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS). This ensures that the property meets certain safety standards.
Please follow this link for more information.

Garden lighting & power
Bring your garden to life at night. You can enjoy your garden all year round by placing strategic lights to show off trees, shrubs and ornaments to their best effect. Perfect for summer entertaining and when winter comes, you can still admire the display from indoors!
With a proper wired socket to the garden or shed you can avoid all of the dangers of trailing extension leads and have the safety protection of a RCD safety device to prevent electric shocks and possible electrocution.

Smart home wiring system
This exciting “smart home” system allows you automated control of lighting and power in your home and it can sometimes be installed without replacing existing cables. You may wish to enjoy the same music as you move around the home, or flick a switch to bring all your lights straight to your favourite setting, control of your lighting and appliance with the use of your mobile phone or PC.

Electric heating
Central Heating with normal radiators and no gas supply.
Suitable for both vented and unvented wet central heating (Radiators) and domestic hot water systems wherever there's mains electricity.
There are over two million homes in Britain with no mains gas supply as well as other rural homes, new housing projects and multi-floor dwellings that
would benefit from the flexibility of a modern electric boiler.
Used as a direct replacement for Gas, Oil, Propane, Solid Fuel or Electric Storage heating, the Powerstream Professional flow boiler provides a practical
way of delivering hot water and heating to any home and can be used with standard ‘wet’ system radiators, underfloor heating, programmers, pumps,
room stats and thermostatic radiator valves.
There are seven models in the range to suit the majority of applications, including sealed and open vented installations. In addition, the flow boiler can
provide domestic hot water when used in conjunction with an indirect hot water storage cylinder.
The Redring Powerstream Professional delivers the industry standard where Gas, Oil, Propane or Solid Fuel is not available; or fluing restrictions prevent
the use of boilers that use these fuels. The wet central heating system boiler does not require costly servicing and safety checks, has no need of any flue
system and as such provides the maximum flexibility in terms of boiler location.
The Powerstream Professional flow boiler is 99.8% efficient and silent in operation. It quickly produces hot water by circulating water over electric heating

Lighting design
We can give advice and suggestions for a lighting design to suit your needs. In these energy conscious times, simply replacing existing lights can reduce consumption and lower bills.

Emergency call outs
If you experience a loss of power or another problem, please call us for help and advice.